Tuesday 13 December 2016

Ride in darkest Staffordshire, the Xmas social, award and retirement

That’s a lot to catch up on, isn’t it! 
The last post publicized a 22-mile ride in Staffordshire. This was a great trip ably led by Catherine and David, up and down some pretty steep hills (they weren’t kidding about that!), and beautifully sunny if cold weather. We stopped for lunch at Flash, the highest village in Britain. So high were we in places that the wind sometimes prevented us from riding in a straight line! I find the scenery in this part of the Peak stunning, with great expanses of moorland and wonderful views from the hills of the surrounding countryside. We saw the guanacos and also dropped in at Longnor church.
Catherine and David put on a great spread at their house, an excellent venue for the first White Peak Rangers Xmas social. They presented me with this amazing pint mug (see below) which I look forward to filling with Hartington IPA! Thanks are due also to Dan and Sustrans for their support, and for the Certificate of Appreciation which I accept on behalf of all members of the group for all your hard work.
Although I am standing down as group coordinator, I want to continue as a volunteer ranger, working as and when I can on our great routes in the Peak District. I appreciate all the help you've given me over the last 4 years, and I look forward to seeing you all in the new year. Have a wonderful time over the festive season!
And now, some pictures! Alas, I failed to take any at the social. If anyone else did, feel free to post them.






1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful ride you had, i wish i could have been there with you. Well done on receiving the award and a mug, which you so thoroughly deserve Clyde. You've put in a lot of hard work up there in the White Peaks. It's hard work that's not only made a big difference right now but something that will last for a very long time. Cheers... Bob

    ReplyDelete