Sunday 8 December 2013

Unusual signs

At end of August Clyde posted (on the Erewash blog) a picture of a sign he had seen while in Scotland on route 75.
A bit nearer home - within the White Peak area - I came across this Sustrans sign. It isn't really high up in the trees, that was just the angle I photographed it.
So questions:
  • what does it mean?
  • which NCN route ? (I have removed the number on the image)
  • where precisely?
Anybody have any other examples of non -standard Sustrans signs to post?

3 comments:

  1. A Xmas puzzle, Jim? What on earth can it mean! And why isn't "over hang" all one word? (or why doesn't it say "Do not hang over"?) How long has it been there? Why have we not noticed it before? So many questions! It wouldn't be on the High Peak Trail, where there are dangerous drops from over the walls on some of the old railway embankments? Or I can think of a dangerous access path, which you wouldn't like to fall off, coming down from a road over-bridge to the Tissington Trail. Am I warm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim tells me elsewhere that I am not even lukewarm! Can somebody else hazard a guess? It's evidently on a numbered NCN route, and Jim says it's in the White Peak. So in our Sustrans rangering area, Jim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think so - I believe we cover cycle routes in the administrative areas of Derbyshire Dales, Staffordshire Moorlands and probably the southernmost bit of High Peak.
    The sign is within those areas.

    ReplyDelete